Update by user Jan 15

It's January 15 -- 41 days since I placed order for this Christmas gift, 18 days since I was notified by email that it had shipped (well past the 7-10 business day window promised) and the item still has not been delivered. Recipient works from home, has 3 dogs and security cameras so unlikely that it was delivered and then stolen.

Called customer service today -- overly patronizing agent said he would just ship another box and it would take about 2 weeks to get there.

Too bad they seem unable/unwilling to bother tracking anything and don't seem to care whether it's stuck somewhere in transit or disappeared before delivery. Can't decide whether to cancel the rest of the yearlong subscription if they have this much difficulty delivering one box.

Original review posted by user Dec 29, 2018

On December 4 (evening) I ordered 3 annual 4-box subscriptions to the Taste of Home seasonal special delivery box as Christmas gifts -- website says ships in 7-10 business days. Start counting on 12/5: 7th day was 12/13, almost 2 weeks before Christmas, and 10th day was 12/18, still a week before Christmas.

Called on 12/21 to check status -- supervisor said orders were at warehouse, "might" ship next week, too late to cancel, no refund or discount for inconvenience. A full week after learning orders were sitting at warehouse, I finally got email notification at 10:44 pm tonight (12/28) that order has shipped -- 17 business days after placing order (or should I consider actual shipping date as Mon 12/31, 18th day?). No idea why they had to spend so long sitting in warehouse. This delay is inexcusable and I am angry that you failed to adhere to your advertised shipping window.

Merry Christmas kids, sorry your present won't arrive until well after New Years.

Then again, had you been honest and accurately listed your shipping window as at least 15-20 business days, plenty of people like me might have chosen another gift from another company that COULD be delivered on time and you would have lost a ton of holiday sales. Angry

Product or Service Mentioned: Taste Of Home Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Partial refund for the 3 winter boxes @34.95 but what would really be appropriate would be for company to be forced to update website to reflect accurate shipping window or be held accountable for delays..

I didn't like: Lack of accountability for shipping delays for seasonal order.

• Special Delivery Box

Comments

Customer_Care1

Hello All, Without all of your customer account info we can't look you up and respond. We don't want you to put your personal info out here on Pissed Consumer either.

We CAN apologize for your delivery frustrations. The shipping time frames are listed on our website and in the emails we send to you regarding the ship dates. The Special Delivery box program is quite popular and we're getting great feed back about it. Many people think Shop Taste of Home is like AMAZON where you'll get your package in a few days.

We do not make that promise on our website. We're sorry your expectations were not met. We are not here to rip our customers off or scam anyone. We have been in business for a very very long time and we pride ourselves on our products and we love our customers.

The phone number for Shop Taste of Home is 800-880-3012 if you need assistance. Thank you.

ScantHornedFrog

I had the exact same issue with this company. I ordered a box on November 29th as a Christmas gift and it still hasn't arrived and it's New Years Eve.

My emails are rarely answered and when they are it's a vague response of "its awaiting shipment." Horrible customer service. I will never order from Taste of Home again!

to ScantHornedFrog #1621880

Mine haven't arrived yet either. No idea why they sat at warehouse for more than a week from time I checked to when they were shipped -- if they made it to the warehouse, what prevented them from shipping immediately?

to Anonymous #1622045

They told me it shipped on the 27th finally but it wont arrive for 2-3 weeks. Of course they haven't responded to my emails.

I told them I wanted a refund and my subscription canceled and to please respond to me in a timely manner.....nothing. And there is no where on the website to leave a review so other customers know not to order from them.